Chesser Blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Cold Front in Austin

Winter must be coming to Texas. This afternoon in about a two hour period, the clouds rolled in, the temperature dropped 25 degrees, the wind blew 25 miles per hour, and it rained for 25 minutes... We went from 80 to 55 degrees and it looks like high 40's by morning.

It is definitely football weather. I forgot what it was like to be in Austin in football season. With the last two weeks of Longhorn football the ditches run orange when it rains. There is a spirit in the air and it gets you invigorated.

We are really enjoying Austin. I got a lot of things fixed last weekend in Houston and Lin is coming to Austin Friday morning. We haven't really worked out a routine yet but the activities seem to have us alternating about 1/2 and 1/2 between locations. I'm moving to a new apartment either this weekend or next week so there will be a mix of house hunting and moving but I don't have too much stuff so far so it should be easy.

Work is great and we are humming right along. It will be great when we are all back together again (dogs and humans) but for now we are making the best of what time we have together.

Hugs to all... Love Gene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home