Wednesday - Hump Day
Hi Everyone,
We made it to mid-week. Things have been really hectic. All the HR things have come online so I have a ton of compliance and registration things I have to do at work. My team is also getting very involved in information capture and collecting all the data we can find on anything that relates to Interoperability. The net result is a few thousand words to read and more importantly understand. I'm definitely getting to exercise my mind... I should be exercising my body but that's a bit further down the agenda...;-)
I have been playing Frisbee with Maggy. She is having a great time hanging out with me in Austin. We go for a short walk in the morning before I leave for work and then she is bouncing around by the time I get back around noon. Today I did not get back to the apartment until about 1:00 PM but I stayed "home" for the afternoon and used my newly approved VPN connection to work the rest of the day from "home". This gave Maggy & I about 3 Frisbee encounters and a couple of walks. She loved it and I got a lot done. Not bad to be getting virtual at only 1-1/2 weeks old in the job.
It looks like the big move is lining up for this weekend and we will be moving things out and in of the Lakewood Forest house and getting most of the Katy house relocated over a long weekend. This is a big step as it starts us on the overall move to Austin. Lin will make her first trip to Austin the following week and we will begin the discussion of where to live and if we want to buy or build. We have a lot of creative ideas but we have to be practical. It will be fun and we are looking forward to the adventure.
More later. Hugs all around... Gene
We made it to mid-week. Things have been really hectic. All the HR things have come online so I have a ton of compliance and registration things I have to do at work. My team is also getting very involved in information capture and collecting all the data we can find on anything that relates to Interoperability. The net result is a few thousand words to read and more importantly understand. I'm definitely getting to exercise my mind... I should be exercising my body but that's a bit further down the agenda...;-)
I have been playing Frisbee with Maggy. She is having a great time hanging out with me in Austin. We go for a short walk in the morning before I leave for work and then she is bouncing around by the time I get back around noon. Today I did not get back to the apartment until about 1:00 PM but I stayed "home" for the afternoon and used my newly approved VPN connection to work the rest of the day from "home". This gave Maggy & I about 3 Frisbee encounters and a couple of walks. She loved it and I got a lot done. Not bad to be getting virtual at only 1-1/2 weeks old in the job.
It looks like the big move is lining up for this weekend and we will be moving things out and in of the Lakewood Forest house and getting most of the Katy house relocated over a long weekend. This is a big step as it starts us on the overall move to Austin. Lin will make her first trip to Austin the following week and we will begin the discussion of where to live and if we want to buy or build. We have a lot of creative ideas but we have to be practical. It will be fun and we are looking forward to the adventure.
More later. Hugs all around... Gene

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home